Friday 14 January 2022

Exposure, Gain, Offset and Colour

 I haven't been happy with the colour results that I get. I have been using:

Offset 50

Gain 139

Exposure 114s for all channels

Bin 1x1

My photos never look as good as most I see on the internet. So, after reading and trying a few things, I am now going to be using this as a baseline:

Offset 50

Gain 76

Exposure:  180s for L, 120 for R, 100 for G and B (but , using the Pixel aid tool in APT to ensure that the range is between 0 and 65000

So last night I used these setting on M37 (and took a few, not enough,  of M33). These were processed in the usual way, using DSS , PS and then LR.






The colours in M37 seem to be a bit more intense.  The S/N is so poor in M33 that I can't tell.

I am also trying the processing in Astro Pixel Processor to see how it turns out in there, given the processing is totally different.


No comments:

Post a Comment